I am learning what it means to pastor here. Jeff and I went with Jiwan this morning to visit some families and a widow. We prayed for them. From what I saw these visits could be the some of the only chance for these women to learn more about Jesus and fellowship. They do not have transportation to get to church. In fact, they had very little. It gave me a good sense of Jiwan's ministry here. In addition to the children's home, he pastors and tries to develop other men to start works in other towns. It is easily more than a lifetime worth of work.
Met in another home last night. We had a Bible study and some singing. Then we stopped to pray at someone's house. A lot of Jiwan's (the national pastor) ministry involves visiting people and praying for them. It is very powerful to pray with people. As Philip Yancey says, "...in developing countries (Christians) spend less time pondering the effectiveness of prayer and more time actually praying.". That's a lesson I needed.
Thank you all for praying for me and supporting me.
Mike
No comments:
Post a Comment