Thursday, October 27, 2011

Leaving Today

Dear Friends, I am leaving today.  To say I would appreciate your prayers would be an understatement.  In many ways this trip is shaping up to be more about what God is doing in my heart than what I will actually be doing while I'm in India.  I have been meditating on James 4:1-3 lately, 1 What is the source of quarrels and conflicts among you? Is not the source your pleasures that wage war in your members? 2 You lust and do not have; so you commit murder. You are envious and cannot obtain; so you fight and quarrel. You do not have because you do not ask. 3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, so that you may spend it on your pleasures."  This is a bit of my continued realization that I am addicted to comfort.  Last Sunday we were reminded that "we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them." (Eph 2:10).  Please pray for me that I will be willing to do the things that God prepared beforehand for me.  Thank you for praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment